Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Name one character from this novel who has shown an appreciation of FRIENDSHIP. Give two examples of how this person has shown friendship to other characters.
DUE DATE 24 APRIL 2009 by 9 p.m. Please email me your answers. Thank you.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
- Make a list of the food you eat on ONE particular day. List down the food during 3 meals.
- Then write a commentary about the food you have listed. Write about how healthy the food is, and find out ON THE INTERNET approximately how many calories you have consumed based on the food list.
- The whole assignment has to be printed in 2 pages. A copy is to be emailed to email@example.com with YOUR NAME (Class) & FOOD FACTS on the subject heading.
- Deadline is 27 April 2009. The printout is to be handed in to your English teacher and the email must be sent to the email address above by 9pm 27 April 2009.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
- Richard Enfield walked down a quiet street in the afternoon. (Chapter 1)
- A little man walking at a good pace trampled on a little girl.
- Dr Jekyll was a witness to the incident.
- Richard took an instant dislike to the little man.
- The little man's appearance was pleasant.
- The man said it was an accident that he bumped into Edie.
- Richard asked the man to pay 100 pounds to him and Edie.
- Edie's father was unhappy with the offer of only 100 pounds.
- The man preferred to pay up rather than face the authorities.
Give your impression of Richard Enfield based on Chapters 1 and 2. What kind of a person is he?
THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE BY 27 FEB 2009. IF YOU HAVE YOUR ENG LIT EXERCISE BOOK, DO IN IT. OTHERWISE, DO ON A PIECE OF PAPER AND THEN PASTE IN YOUR BOOK. YOU MAY WRITE OR PRINT OUT.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
"Boys, we're going to Pulau Redang this school holidays," said Mr Chin to his pair of twin boys.
"Hooray! Papa is ________(1) us to Pulau Redang," shouted the two boys. They waited ________ (2) the day to come. _________(3) the school holidays arrived. They got up early, ________(4) their bags in the car and set off.
The two boys were enjoying themselves looking at the scenery __________(5) suddenly, there were screeching sounds. "Oh dear! The brakes are not _________(6). We need to get a mechanic," lamented Mr Chin.
"Papa, where can we get a mechanicat this hour of ________(7) day?" the two boys asked. Mr Chin looked at his wristwatch and only then did he ________(8) that it was past midnight. They had no choice but to put up a night in the car along a deserted road.
Please hand in your answers to your respective English teachers by the 13th February 2009.
Monday, February 2, 2009
- Once you have accessed this blog for your homework, please do what is required of you.
- If you are required to email your homework, please address it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Subtject : Attention to whichever teacher who is teaching you.
- If you are not required to email it, then hand in your work to your English teacher.
- Answers will occasionally be given in a later post for you to check your answers.
Do enjoy using this new method of getting your homework and do be patient if your teachers take some time to work things out also.